Monday, March 19, 2012

5 people in the book





I gobble up this book by sitting on my bed whole night. I read it twice. First time I'm just simply flipping through. What it attracts me is only the title“The 5 People you meet in heaven". How the author Mitch Albom to write something about heaven? How's will he describe the 5 people? What's the message he wants to reflect?

The leading role is Eddie, an old lonely octogenarian who worked as a maintainer in an amusement park called Ruby Pier.This is a back-to-front story. It starts with Eddie's death. It is not a thrilling story,it's a literary fiction, self-enrichment book. Nice to read at least it is positive and giving me tranquility. I feel imperturbed while living in the book. No disturbs. No honking on the road. No mumbling from the crowd. One of my way to escape from this bustling and flickering city.

There are some lessons throughout the story.

From the 2nd person:Sacrifice is a part of life.Sometimes when u sacrifice something precious, u are nt really losing it. U are just passing it on to someone else.
(Hmm..I agree with that. Sometimes, we gain because there are people willing to sacrifice. No pain, no gain.)

From the 3rd person: Holding anger is a poison. (It's most poisonous to ourselves but nothing to the others.)

In the end: We each affect the other and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one. (I like this most. We are all interconnected even with strangers.)

One story brings another one.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment