Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Story of CHANGE





This book is actually had been recommended by my former MUET teacher while I was studying form six.Yes, I read it that time but I didn't get the meaning and I even fell asleep with the book which lend by my friend.Working part time last weekend, I used my one-hour break time going into MPH to search some mental foods. Passing by the book shelves, my eyes glimpsed through a book with the title " Who moved my cheese?" and this brought me back my form six time. I wonder the reason of my teacher's strong recommendation of that book as I remembered I read it with my snore. I took it and opened the first page. Wow, I just cannot stop reading it. It's only a very thin self-enrichment book with very simple English and it's easy to understand.

It is a story about how people react with the change by symbolizing each character inside with a certain personality. "Cheese" is something we want in life. It can be money, career, happiness, relationship we desired or whatever we want in life. The story portrays its telling via 2 mice called "Sniff" and "Scurry" and 2 little people called "Hem" and "Haw" who look for their cheese in a maze (which I think represents life). A very good story to read.

Yes things are keep changing and we need to move on with it.I think I may buy this book and read it often as I can't juz read into mind at once.

There are some quotes which I think can chase away some pessimism or overcomplicated minds:

What would you do if you weren't afraid?(Should keep asking this question while facing the challenge)

When you move beyond your fear, you feel free. (Having fear sometimes is good but sometimes it just restrict us to step out of the comfort zone. Just do the right thing!!)

The fastest way to change is to laugh at your own folly, then you can let go and quickly move. (I like this one much. Self reflection can always make us better.)

In the end, It all depends on what you choose to believe.(I like this one most,believing something good,believing we can proceed further).

My quote>We are what we think, we do what we believe. Therefore, no fear for changing and always believe our angel in the heart~~~~

Nice reading!!

Who moved my cheese? Nobody moves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment