Saturday, August 20, 2011

Rojak Language

Not everyone will understand "Rojak" unless Malaysian or the people who have tried it before. However,who can understand the true feeling of "Rojak">>Malaysian I think. We have grown up in a multiracial society since our very first cry.We have made friends with different complexion since our very first stepping into school.We have savored different kinds of cultural foods since our very first cultural celebration.As a result,at least I think,we,Malaysian has a unique character>>Rojak.No matters our languages,attires, foods,things or songs all have been Rojak unconciously. I was conciously felt it when i went to Taiwan for 1 month.Taiwanese has strong Chong Hua characteristics but I have strong Rojak characteristics.There are 2 sides when toppling a coin so as a thing.Malaysian knows at least 3 languages which I think is most advantageous in terms of competitiveness.Malaysian can enjoy wide variety of cultural foods no matters with what cooking arts:broiling,steaming,frying,pickling,roasting or baking with different hidden traditional or mysterious stories from different races and religions.We are blessed with all these colorful and fantastic and miscellaneous mixed cultures.A lot of people think Malaysia is not a very good country to stay but for me the love towards this land had unconciously ingrained in my heart not because of what patriotic reasons but it is a land filled with my childhood memories,my unforgettable growing stories,my beloved family and also my unpredictable future.

Today,I deeply feel disheartening when an uncle who give zero mark for my English proficiency when I do a phone survey with him.Yes,I cannot speak English like the native speakers and there is room of improvement for my English fluency.However,that uncle was juz like an archer who shot hundred thousand arrows into my heart and then there was a translucent bleeding heart in my body.I don't speak professional English but a Chinese-slang English with a lot of la,oh,le,yi. Language has its own grammars,proper pronunciation and structures.Back to the stone age,what is the uses of language>>communication.Language is something influenced by the place,decades,times,cultures and then being one unique symbol of a place or the local people.Therefore,Rojak language has been our Malaysian symbol.Isn't it good?As we are living in this globalization world,the more we can command the better we are.I do not think that Rojak language is something to be ashamed of but a familiar and amiable language especially when speaking in other country.However,our mother earth has became a village,therefore since there is a room for improvement why do we not to improve?Yes,thanks to the uncle as he had lit my ENGLISH FIRE in me,I should let it flares brilliantly.Anyway,I love Rojak language most as it is not only a language but also is a story,a story represents this lovely land.

My secondary teacher once told me that Attitude decides altitude,I am being more and more understand about this precious adage.Yes,shouldn't defeated be any trivial things in life but pass life with optimistic mind, enthusiasm, zest and NO GIVING UP.

Lifelong learning has no ends~~~^^

No comments:

Post a Comment