Thursday, April 19, 2012

Freestyle Interview

This is an unexpected interview. The interviewers do not ask the harsh questions but I really can feel their intents of wanting to know more about me. They even show their willingness to share anything. I mean ANYTHING not only in the compound of academic questions. I just speak out what in my mind while they ask about my thinking. Instead of saying it is an interview it should be called a conversation with 3 professors.

30 minutes are allocated for each professor to interview me. They are great.

The first Professor is Dr Anne who is an expert in the field of infectious disease.
The most impressive question to be asked from her is "What is the hardest challenge u think is until now?" This question touches me instantly. My answer is" to hold tight on the things we originally want to/dream of". This is the hardest,it needs determination,I think. I asked her back the same question however she tells me how her life is. She said Life is a choice as we need to vote constantly and we are having non-stop self questioning. "What's the difference between Malaysia students n US students?" She smiles. Malaysia students are more polite and quite compared to US students. US students are fun and are very opinioning. They would like to ask a lot of questions.They are going classes with the thinking of knowing all the answers.This is the culture. They like to ask since very young. I think this the one we should learn.It is good especially on a lecture.Interaction. May be we are just a little bit of conservative. However, being polite and showing respect to the teachers are also what we've told to do since very young.It's nice to remain.

2nd is Dr Nicole who is a paediatrician in intensive care. She asked me more common question like what do I think?What types of curriculum u've been doing?But, before we start our conversation she greets me by introducing herself." Before I know you better let me talk about myself to let u know more about me". Just how open they are~~

Third is DR Juliah. She wants to know more about my perspective on matters than the previous two. She tells me the importance of attitude. It can change everything. Be fair to yourself and know what you want in your life can lead you in the future, she shares~~

Three of them are very generous to share and there is no distant feeling with them. They encourage student to ask more and they would like to be friend with students rather than teachers.

Knowing what u want is most important!!! (What I learn in today's interview~~)
Things do not always go as planned. Live in the moment with good intentions:)

No comments:

Post a Comment