Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Colors

I didn't mean to talk about the colors itself but a color of complexion. This movie starts with a segregation between 2 colors in U.S>Black and white in around 1960's. "The Help",my tears roll down from the eyes once the ending music on. It's just grabbing my heart on it. At the end, one of the characters inside Aibileen said"God tells us we need to love our enemy, but it's hard to do. But it can start by telling the truth. Once I told the truth about that I felt free."

Life made the negro strong and with highest tolerance with the white since there was a strong racism in US from 1890's. They were being discriminated, being disdained and fate made them born as maid with no choice.They gripped on their everyday lives with all the hurts and insult to eke out the living. However, they did their work well, loving the child and the folks they took care without hatred. Still, there is always a hero in the story. A writer came and writing their perspective out and this makes the movie.

What I learned from it is respect. Reverence is something everyone needs. It doesn't matter with education, status, or power. Being respect to everyone who dedicate. Do appreciate for any devotion people give. Human, in front of disaster we are just the same.Generosity, be generous to whatever and whoever. Racism, stop it and we need to know that it can ruin a country, a generation and the world. Do focus on the problems but not the colors.Forgiveness, learn to be forgiving because at the same time we forgive ourselves. Being brave for what is right and to be honest to ourselves.

There is always a light at the end of tunnel. Before getting something great, darkness would come. Obstacles may hurdle me. The reason is only going through the hardship, then only we can feel the joys among the joys. I always wish everything will be smooth but now I wish I have the courage to go through every ups and downs in life. Thanks to the movie. It's touching.

By the way, I know what is Jim Crow Laws, who is Kennedy, American Civil Rights Movement via this movie.We need to learn from the history. Sometimes, I would think that I should study sociology instead of science..haha..great movie..I like it. No wonder why the actress Viola Davis is being nominated in many prestigious award by playing the role of "Aibileen" in "The Help". She is great!!!

Nice movie, I touched and I learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment