Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tuesdays with Morrie




A great literary fiction by Mitch Albom. A thesis done by an old man with a young man. This fiction is not a thrilling,heart-pumping story but a fiction make me to think again the essence of life and others which sometimes hovering in my mind. My friend shared with me about his impression for this book,the most impressive quote he will never forget "once you know how to die then you know how to live". Inspiring book which accompany me during my free time at night. The story talked about a going dying professor, Morrie with incurable disease ALS (a disease same with Stephen Hawking which makes the whole body atrophy from day to day) shared his life wisdom, experience and thinking with his student, Mitch Albom every Tuesday in the Professor's house. Mitch who asked about the questions mostly people will quench for their life: Death,Family, Emotion, Money, Marriage, Aging, Carrer and so forth. The last word he said to his student"Be compassionate. Take responsibilities for each other".Yes,then only the world and life can go on.

The most impressive saying for me: Death ends a life but not a relationship. Love will not left with the life.What I want to devote to the world? Graduation is around the corner though there are 6 months to go. If I'd had a Prof like Morrie, what would had he said to me??

Is okay..let's go on life with hopes.

Some quotes from the book:
Aging is not just decay. It's growth.If you have found meaning in our life, you don't want to go back. You want to go forward. You want to see more, do more.(Seem I had an unsatisfied and unfulfilled life, that's y I don't really want to grow up~~~)

How we think what we value those you must choose yourself. You can't let anyone or any society determine those for you. (People nowadays are so easy to be influenced especially by mass media, common trends in society and advertisement)

A teacher affects eternity;he cannot tell where his influence stops. (Thumbs up for the quote no matter how worse or best the teachers are they can really affect students!!!)

Next reading!!!!!!!!!^^

No comments:

Post a Comment